In 2009 Hill County Electric (HCE) began a system wide upgrade of our Automated Meter Reading system to Cannon meters by Cooper Power Systems. The new meters still display the meter reading, but in a digital LED format. The meter receives and stores the kilowatt-hour (kWh) and demand consumption and is able to transmit this data back to the substation and ultimately, the HCE office in Havre. The new meters can also help reduce costs associated with meter readings as well as provide assistance in finding problems for faster repairs.
- Allows on-demand meter reads.
- Stores load profile data.
- Calculates kW demand, records peak kW, and stores in the meter.
- Calculates voltages to an accuracy of +-1% and records min/max voltages.
- Logs date, time and duration of power interruptions.
- Uses HCE-owned power line communications.
- Allows group addressing.
- Simple plug-in installation requiring no field test equipment or programming.
- Electronic LCD register.
- Real-time clock with no need for a battery.